Thursday, June 05, 2008

This might be a little late, but anyways...

The concert was amazing! It was much much much much better than the one we rehearsed! I dunno why, but it has always been like that for any performances that we've done. Special ability of our Percussion Ensemble? Woah, so cool.

The starting of the concert, I suddenly turned nervous and my whole body was shaking, even while I was playing didgerido, my breath was shaking as well and I was afraid wrong sound was produced, but luckily it doesn't.

Technology was fun! My very first time playing drum set in a performance. But I gotta stop opening my mouth while playing drum set, looked so unglam.

Rockin' Rickie Rocket was the hardest piece of all. Not only must we have to act, but also synchronize with the "sound makers". And THE WIG! Oh, don't get me started. It was so furry and the hair was like half fallen off, at least for mine. It was horribly tangled up together and it just can't stop going into my mouth while I was playing. But somehow I was glad that happened, it gives the funny element into the piece.

The Encore piece, Mo Java was a challenge. It has been quite a while since we played that. I can't move while playing as well as before, realising that, I gave up on moving and just concentrate on my notes.

So, everything is over. Looking forward for our next concert.

No comments: