Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I've just realized that all my life, I've never said a word of love to my mom, not even a thank you. Mom, who suffered 9 month of torture to give birth to me,who cuddled me when I was just a baby, who sang me lullaby to rock me to sleep. And yet, how some of us could be taken our own mom for granted and expect her to know that we love her without even showing how deep is our love towards her.

Yesterday, I just did something that me myself thought to be silly, I sms-ed her, "Mom, I love you.". I didn't expect her to reply, but she did, and as soon as I read her message.. my heart melted. I didn't know that all these years, my mom has been waiting for that words, how much it means to my mom. Later that I realized, It's not silly to say I love you to your mom, it's just our pride preventing us from saying so.

What about you? Have you ever said a word of love to your parents?

No comments: