Monday, April 02, 2007

Ah, totally on a frenzied mood today. But I guess that's a good thing, it gives me courage to make friends and pulled the shyness of the scene. But again, it might irritate some people there, with the repeated shaking of hands and "Hi, I'm Jokhie". Just by looking at it a few times makes people think that I'm irritating.

The orientation was ok, at first. The short musical was quite entertaining, with all those anime characters like, Death Note, Bleach and Kingdom Hearts in the scene. Sadly they were making fun of Bleach's cool Itchiga to Itchy Guy. The rest of the presentation was either too serious or too lengthy. Really glad that it finishes.

The icebreaking was really dead. Most of the OG was not enthusiastic and really spoils the mood of the game. Not that I'm pointing fingers to anyone. We played the "game of concentration" and "small and big fish".

Games Of Concentration :
It's kind of a game whereby you must follow the rhythem and clap your hands on your laps for the 1st and 2nd beat, and hands on 3rd and 4th beat. While doing this, you say out your name twice on the 1st and 2nd beat, and the name of your target(besides the one on your left and right) twice on the 3rd and 4th beat. The target will call out his own name and his target, so on and so forth. The one who failed to do either one of the rules mentioned forfeits.
DEMO:
(Clap laps and hands) "This is the game of concentration!"
(Clap laps) Jokhie, Jokhie!
(Clap hands) Whoever, whoever!
*Immediately
(Clap laps) Whoever, whoever!
(Clap hands) Whoever 2, whoever 2!

Small And Big Fish:
In this game, you uses your hand to indicate which fish you are calling out. But if you says big fish, your hand must be showing a small fish, and vice versa. When the starter says out the fish, the person next to him(Clockwise/Anti-clockwise)) must do the same as him, but if the guy were to say the opposite of the size of the fish that the guy before him says, the rotation will be reversed. The one who failed to do either one of the rules mentioned forfeits.

The forfeits are reading tongue twister and banana dance. Ivan sabotaged me in the game of concentration and makes me one of the forfeiters, and as for the "small and big fish", I was joking with philips and said fried fish, but I didn't know it was my turn, so i was forfeited.

Later on, the OGL asked for a vollunter for dancing and actor, I volluntered as dancer, thinking that it might be cool to actually learn some dancing skills. Verlynn took actor. But I never thought that I'll be learning dancing so much, that I will be having little time with my OG. I feel really bad about this, makes me lose the interest to learn dancing. Ah, but it turns out not too bad, at least I still have 3-4 hours in each orientation date to actually be with my OG. And the training starts tommorow. Dancing to a song called "Show Me The Money". It's actually the OST for the movie "Step Up". And I'll be dancing with... A GIRL!? Heck with it, it's a good chance to practice my social skills and drive away my shyness. Besides, there will be others who will dance with girls, what's there to be shy of.

Starting tommorow, I gotta wake up damn early to go to NYP. And it took 1 full hour to actually reach NYP fom my house. It's gonna be a long 3 years from now on.

Ah! The sore throat is getting worse! And now it nullified my voice almost completely! Most probably it's because of the shouting and singing during the orientation. ARGH! The pain is killing me, especially right in the morning straight after I woke up.

No comments: